Celia's Journey (Blog Archive)

Friday, November 8, 2013

It's been a year already?

I am obviously a horrible, horrible blogger (especially when you throw an active toddler into the picture). However, I will keep updating slowly, but surely. This post may be cut too short in fear that Celia is about the wake up at any given moment, but here goes!

"Where does the time go?" is one question that I never understood until I became an aunt. My nieces and nephews are still growing up way too fast. My first born nephew is officially taller than I am now! 

When this phrase applies to your own child, who is growing up way too fast right...in front of your eyes, it's a whole other situation. You then fully understand that time never slows down. Time is going and going and going as my child is growing and growing all the time! 

Today, Celia was reaching for her baby blanket, the one that I would swaddle her up tightly for comfort. For the first 8 months of her life, she could absolutely not sleep without her arms and legs tightly wrapped to the point of immobility. I honestly couldn't get the thing tight enough for her liking.

She is 14-months-old now and I can hardly remember this long "swaddled" stage of her life. Now I can just put her in her crib with a stuffed animal, and she is ready for bed! She doesn't even want to rock anymore. She literally reaches away from me...and for her crib!

She is doing something new every week, if not everyday, and little parts of the past slip my mind and get lost in time. I am so thankful for technology because it keeps the memories there! If I want a moment back in my mind, all I have to do is look at a picture (or this blog), and then all the memories come back.




Here is Celia now, after all this time.







No comments:

Post a Comment