Celia's Journey (Blog Archive)

Monday, January 21, 2013

Missing Celia Too Much

"The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season. You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them."
Psalm 145:15-19

YESTERDAY:


As of January 2nd, I have jumped back into the work world. It has been so difficult to leave my sweet baby behind for 8+ hours while I am in training. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my job, but it is still so difficult to go there if it means leaving Celia. I mean, seriously, could you leave this cute face that follows you everywhere you go? :)




Thankfully, I have wonderful family members, who I trust with everything, that are taking care of our little angel during my time of training. I have received amazingly cute pictures and videos of Celia while I am at work (examples below). I am thankful that our family has captured many adorable moments. I cannot thank you all enough for taking care of our precious girl!!!!! We love you. 





I will be done with training and orientation at the end of the month. My status is PRN, which means I can schedule myself whenever I want! I plan to fill in for the evening shift (3-11pm). That way, I can be home with my baby all day, my sisters will watch her 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (while I am going to work, and Alex is coming back from work), and then she will be with her daddy for the rest of the evening. This whole "being away from Celia" thing has been and is going to be the hardest thing I have done in a long, long time...it will be so special to come home to that adorable smile though:)

These past couple of days, Celia and I have been getting a lot of cuddle-time in and have made up for some lost time. Unfortunately, it is because she was not feeling the best. She had been a bit stuffy in the nose since Monday. She was acting a little strange on Wednesday, so I decided to take her temperature. 

"99 degrees" My eyes get huge. She usually is 98.5

-Five minutes later, paranoid Mommy checks again- "100 degrees" My heart drops.

"101.2" I grab the phone and call the doctor.

Her Pediatrician's office was not accepting anymore appointments as it was 5:00pm, so they suggested I go to an urgent care clinic. She was diagnosed with the flu and prescribed Tamiflu for five days. It gave her diarrhea and she hated the taste. Our baby usually gulps medicine right down with no questions asked, but this stuff must have been nasty! She had this disgusted look on her face and let it all drip down her chin. Poor, poor baby :(

She did not seem to get better on this medicine, so we took her to her usual clinic today. She was finally diagnosed with an ear infection. No wonder she was not eating! Poor Celia's ear probably hurt every time she swallowed. She is now going to take antibiotics twice daily for twelve days. Now that I know this information, I will also give her Tylenol before meals so eating doesn't hurt her ear. She was such a good girl this whole time that I had no idea that she was in any pain! She is one tough girl. (Did I mention it took three adults to hold this little (almost) five month old down just for the doctor to look in her ear?)

Since Celia was not eating her usual amount during the past couple days, I was so scared that she would have lost weight since her last check up, which was not to long ago. Thankfully, she GAINED! She was 9 lb 15 oz the last time. Now, she is 10 lb 7oz. Yay! Yay! Yay! 

We are so proud of her. What a silly thing to be proud of right? No! She could have been screaming and crying and burning calories during these past few days. Instead, she has handled herself like a little champ and has conserved every bit of calorie intake. Good Girl!


Please Pray that Celia has a quick recovery. That her ear heals, and that her stuffy nose heals so she can breathe! We thank God for keeping her well even during this small time of "sickness". We have felt nothing but the goodness of God throughout Celia's life. Actually, throughout OUR lives.

January 20, 2013

1 comment: